A Libertarian National Convention was held in Boston.
- Dick Randolph became the first Libertarian elected to state office with his election to the Alaska House of Representatives.
- Gary Gates was elected to a non-partisan post on the Madison City Council in Wisconsin.
- Ed Clark for governor of California
- David Bergland for California State Senate, the first candidate there to appear as a Libertarian instead of an independant.
- Gary Roewe became state chair of the Libertarian Party of Iowa.
- Larry McKenna became state chair for the Libertarian Party of Michigan.
|The Year Of