|Carla A. Howell|
| Executive Director|
|December 14, 2011—2013|
She is a co-founder of the Center for Small Government.
She has been on hundreds of televised interviews and debates since 2000.
- Executive Director (December 14, 2011—2013)
- Political Director (?—2017)
- Chair (1997—1998)
Harry Browne Campaign
She successfully headed five petition drives in 1998, 2000, and 2002.
2002 Statewide Ballot Question 1
Heavily opposed by various groups, the petition to end the state income tax came very close to succeeding at 45%.
2008 Statewide Ballot Question 1
Facing even more opposition, the second attempt to eliminate the state income tax was less successful than the first, with 30%.
2010 State Sales Tax Rollback
She and Michael Cloud proposed rolling back the state sales tax from 6.25% to 3%. It got 966,973 votes.
1998 -- State Auditor
- Received a mainstream endorsement from the Boston Herald.
- Got 102,198 votes
2000 -- US Senate
- Raised $821,000
- Received 308.860 votes -- 12% -- in a three way US Senate race, the highest in party history
2002 -- Governor
- Ran against Mitt Romney
- Got 23,044 votes in a six-way race.
|Libertarian Party Political Director
|Libertarian Party Executive Director
|Libertarian Party of Massachusetts Gubernatorial Candidate