Document talk:National Platform 2004
Individual Rights and Civil Order
"No individual, group, or government may initiate force against any other individual, group, or government."
- I find this statement to be contrary to the rule of law. This statement seems to imply that a government does not have the right to sentence offenders -- even those who are guilty of violent crime or fraud. Dilvie 00:28, 24 Mar 2006 (EST)
The War on Drugs
The War on Drugs is a grave threat to individual liberty, to domestic order, and to peace in the world.
- And it doesn't work! That seems to me like an important point to make. Dilvie 00:31, 24 Mar 2006 (EST)
Government and Mental Health
We oppose the involuntary treatment for mental health by health officials or law enforcement.
- This statement sounds a bit too much like "we don't mind if the criminally insane go on a killing rampage". It should be re-worded to clarify that criminals will not be allowed to hurt people. Dilvie 00:39, 24 Mar 2006 (EST)
I think this article is too long to have on a single page. I understand the reasons for keeping it on a single page, but breaking each section into its own article, then including each article into a single category "The Libertarian Party Platform" would make it much more readable. There is no table of contents which makes this matter worse. I don't know why there is not TOC, I didn't see the tag that removes it. Is the lack of TOC from the old version of MediaWiki that is being used? At any rate, for security reasons, I suggest updating to the latest version of MediaWiki. Just some suggestions.
- I'm currently wikifying the article. This will allow persons to jump to the section they need to read.
- I like your suggestion of cutting this up into smaller documents (they do that for some of the books on wikimedia [is that what it's called?], and it could work well here).
- Allixpeeke 14:11, 29 Nov 2007 (EST)