(Per Robert's Rules of Order):
The Chapter Secretary may otherwise be known as the Recording secretary, Recorder, or Scribe. As such, the Chapter Secretary is the custodian of the chapter's non-financial records and is specifically tasked with maintaining a membership list and recording minutes of chapter meetings. Financial records are the discrete responsibility of the Treasurer and subject to oversight by all members of the chapter.
The Chapter Secretary may also have the following duties, as required:
- Execute Roll Call and determine if quorum is established
- Notify officers, committees, and delegates of appointments
- Furnish any needed papers and credentials
- Process amendments to by-laws
- Notify members of all meetings