LNC Meeting 6 January 2019
This was a specially called electronic meeting heard through the Zoom software.
- Officers: Nicholas Sarwark (Chair), Alex Merced (Vice-Chair), Caryn Ann Harlos (Secretary), Tim Hagan (Treasurer)
- At-Large Representatives: Joseph Bishop-Henchman, Sam Goldstein, Alicia Mattson, Bill Redpath, Joshua Smith
- Regional Representatives: Richard T. Longstreth (Region 1), Elizabeth Van Horn (Region 3), Jeff Hewitt (Region 4), Jim Lark (Region 5), John Phillips (Region 6), Whitney Bilyeu (Region 7), Justin O’Donnell (Region 8)
- Regional Alternates: Erin Adams (Region 7), Brent Olsen (Region 4), Jeff Lyons (Region 8)
- Absent: Craig Bowden (Region 1 Alternate), Paige Lee (Region 2 Alternate), Dustin Nanna (Region 3 Alternate), Steven Nekhaila (Region 2), Susan Jane Hogarth (Region 5 Alternate), Phillip Anderson (Region 6 Alternate)
- Staff: Lauren Daugherty (Acting Executive Director), Cara Schulz (Candidate Recruitment Specialist)
Minutes and Agenda
- Call to Order | 5 minutes
- Opportunity for Public Comment || 5 minutes
- Attendance, Credentials Report, and Paperwork Check | 5 minutes
- Adoption of Agenda | 5 minutes
New Business with Previous Notice
- 2019 Goals (Harlos) | 30 minutes
- FASB Functional Reporting Requirements (Bishop-Henchman) | 10 minutes
- Proposed Voting Resolution (Redpath) | 10 minutes
- Policy Manual Amendments - Alternates (Harlos) | 15 minutes
- Policy Manual Amendments - Executive Director Selection (O'Donnell) | 15 minutes
TOTAL | 100 minutes
Appendices to Minutes
- Appendix A - Submissions for Goals Discussion
- Appendix B - Summary of FASB Functional Reporting Requirements
- 190109-1 Adoption of goals for the 2018-2020 term
- 190109-2 Alternative Voting Resolution
- 190109-3 Amend Policy Manual 1.03 regarding alternates
- 190109-4 Appeal from Ruling of the Chair regarding Motion 190106-5
- 190109-5 Amend Policy Manual 2.09.4 regarding selection of Executive Director
Goals Adopted for 2018-2020 Term
- G1: The LP will have at least 20,000 sustaining members as of May 1, 2020.
- G2: The LNC will take action to see that each state has an operational affiliate party by July 1, 2019.
- G3: The LNC will raise at least $3.5 million from July 1, 2018 until December 31, 2020.
- G4: The LNC will develop and approve new and revised outreach literature, to be available no later than September 1, 2019.
- G5: The LNC will sponsor a series of seminars/workshops in 2019 at various locations around the country.