Platform Committee 2022
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The LNC had previously appointed Lauren Daugherty as interim chair. However, Ms. Daugherty subsequently resigned due to accepting employment with Young Americans for Liberty. The LNC subsequently appointed Caryn Ann Harlos as interim Chair.
Read-Only Discussion List
Data used for determination of state affiliates entitled to Platform Committee seats:
ARTICLE 11: OTHER COMMITTEES
1. There shall be a Platform Committee, a Bylaws and Rules Committee, and a Credentials Committee for each regular convention. The National Committee shall appoint a temporary chair of each committee to serve until each committee selects its own chair.
3. The Platform Committee shall consist of 20 members selected as follows:
a. One member by each of the five affiliate parties having the greatest per capita sustaining membership as determined for convention delegate allocations at the most recent regular convention.
b. One member by each of the 10 affiliate parties having the largest sustaining memberships, excluding those affiliates from (a), as determined for convention delegate allocations at the most recent regular convention.
c. Five members selected by the National Committee.
d. These members shall be selected no later than the last day of the fifth month prior to the regular convention.
5. Ranked alternates may be named by the appointing bodies to fill any vacancies or absences in the convention committees.
Calculations Per Capita
|State||Number of National BSM Members||Population||Per Capita Percentage||Per Capita Rank|
|Libertarian Party of New Hampshire||171||1,316,470||.0129989||1|
|Libertarian Party of Colorado||501||5,029,196||.009961||2|
|Alaska Libertarian Party||69||710,231||.009715||3|
|Wyoming Libertarian Party||42||563,626||.007451||4|
|Libertarian Party of New Mexico||147||2,059,179||.007138||5|
Calculations Per National Membership Rank
|State||Number of National BSM Members||National Membership Rank||Comments|
|Libertarian Party of California||1,529||1|
|Libertarian Party of Texas||1,097||2|
|[[Libertarian Party of Florida]||806||3|
|Libertarian Party of New York||729||4|
|Libertarian Party of Ohio||668||5|
|Libertarian Party of Pennsylvania||608||6|
|Libertarian Party of Virginia||540||7|
|Libertarian Party of Colorado||501||8||Removed from this as also in the top 5 per capita.|
|Libertarian Party of Washington||476||9|
|Libertarian Party of Illinois||466||10|
|Libertarian Party of Michigan||462||11|
- National Membership numbers used are from figures used for delegate allocations for the 2020 National Convention [see https://lpedia.org/w/images/3/34/2020_-_delegate_allocations.pdf]
- Population numbers used are from the 2020 census [see https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/decennial/2020/data/apportionment/population-change-data-table.pdf]
Permanent Chair and Secretary
Voting Record Spreadsheet
|Platform:||1972 • 1974 • 1976 • 1978 • 1980 • 1982 • 1984 • 1986 • 1988 • 1990 • 1992 • 1994 • 1996 • 1998 • 2000 • 2002 • 2004 • 2006 • 2008 • 2010 • 2012 • 2014 • 2016 • 2018|
|Committee:||1972 • 1974 • 2008 • 2018 • 2020 • 2022|
|Other:||Libertarian Party Platform Discussion • Platform Token Deletion Vote • Uses Of Platform To Attack LP|