I can use October numbers that follow the general election. I'll update it. I'm using SOS numbers which is the authority of registered voters.
- I had checked Winger's numbers against SOS numbers in, I don't, know, maybe 15 states. I had definitely checked SOS numbers for any state that has odd-year numbers listed because Winger only does it for even years.AJPEG (talk) 00:18, 23 May 2017 (UTC)
Where did you get the historical election data from for elections prior to 1990? 1990 - 2017 is on the New Mexico Secretary of State website. I've been unable to find results past there. What source do you use? Libertarian Party of New Mexico Historical Election Results --JoeNichols (talk) 09:29, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, NM becomes very difficult for anything other than federal elections prior to 1990.
- But for federal elections I used either the Clerk of the US House of Representatives (1972 - 2016) or the Federal Election Commission (1982 - 2014.) I used them interchangeably, although they differ slightly and are definitely not complete or error free.
- I also used an archived version of LP.org. That has a lot of write in and 'independent' candidates that can't be found anywhere else. When possible, I tried to only use it to find names and not for the election results because election results found on lp.org are often preliminary rather than final. This link is good for federal elections, Governor, Secretary of State, and Attorney General from 1972 - 2000.
- My next go-to source was ourcampaigns
- It's cumbersome to use. You have to click on every office and then on 'history details'. And it's also not error free. But it has lots of election results that I couldn't find anywhere else. Unfortunately, for NM, it only goes earlier than 1990 for a few offices, like Governor or federal elections.
- On very rare occasions I might have checked usaelectionatlas
- Or ballotopedia
- But I didn't find those as useful as other sources and I doubt they have anything that hasn't been covered by the other sources.
- I also checked the election results or candidate lists listed on archived versions of lp.org or in LP News to look for candidates (I rarely used their election results because they are often preliminary) but they sometimes miss candidates, especially for special elections. I was able to do that for 1996 - 2016, except 2004, 2005, and 2007, which I couldn't find. No links to any of those. I saved them as I found them either as pdfs or on spread sheets. But they can almost all be found through the internet archive of lp.org. And they will include local candidates, which I've been ignoring.
I believe we have reverted the changes that caused concern in your lists of Libertarians elected pages. There was no offense intended, and we all appreciate your continued diligent contributions to LPedia and the Libertarian party. It is the nature of this open-editing format that we will occasionally step on one another's toes. If we were to move so carefully that we never offended anyone, we wouldn't be able to get anything done. Thank you for understanding, and for telling us when changes to pages would make it difficult for you to maintain and care for them. Efochler (talk) 10:47, 29 October 2019 (CDT)