|Andre Verne Marrou|
| Alaska House of Representatives|
|Birth:||December 4, 1938 |
Nixon, Texas, USA
|Education:||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|view image gallery|
Andre Verne Marrou (b. December 4, 1938) is a former elected Libertarian in the Alaska state legislature and the Libertarian Party's 1992 presidential nominee. He was Ron Paul's running mate in the 1988 presidential race.
- Alaska House of Representatives Seat B, 5th district 1982, 1984 (elected), and 1986
- Vice President 1988
- US President 1992
- Alaska House of Representatives 1985-1987
Presidential Election Year Fundraising
|Oct 1 - Oct 14||53,633|
|Oct 15 - Nov 23||79,558|
|Nov 24 - Dec 31||5,325|
|Party||Candidate/Running Mate||Electoral Votes||Percent||Votes|
|Democratic||Bill Clinton / Al Gore||370||43.01%||44,909,806|
|Republican||George H. W. Bush / Dan Quayle||168||37.45%||39,104,550|
|Independent||Ross Perot / James Stockdale||0||18.91%||19,743,821|
|Libertarian||Andre Marrou / Nancy Lord||0||0.28%||291,627|
|America First||James Bo Gritz / Cyril Minett||0||0.10%||107,014|
|New Alliance||Lenore Fulani / Maria Munoz||0||0.07%||73,652|
|US Taxpayers||Howard Phillips / Albion Knight||0||0.04%||43,400|
|Natural Law||John Hagelin / V. Tompkins||0||0.04%||38,780|
- Nolan's Challenge, a questionnaire prior to the 1987 national convention
- Short notes on members of the 1962 MIT class
- Andre Marrou at 100 Years of Alaska's Legislature
- Andre Marrou in C-Span video archives
- Larry King TV interview with Andre Marrou, 1992, pt 1 Interview part 1 of 2.
- Larry King TV interview with Andre Marrou, 1992, pt 2 Interview part 2 of 2.
- Marrou spoke at a 1992 protest outside the presidential debates.
- "1992 Libertarian Presidential Candidate Andre Marrou addresses Texas LP Convention; full transcript follows". Independent Political Report. https://independentpoliticalreport.com/2012/06/1992-libertarian-presidential-candidate-andre-marrou-gives-speech-to-texas-lp-convention-full-transcript-follows/.
|Libertarian Party Presidential candidate
|Libertarian Party Vice Presidential candidate