Libertarian Party of New York
|June 9, 2019—September 18, 2022|
Schoharie County Libertarian Party
|July 28, 2018—present|
Lora Newell is the current Chair of the Schoharie County Libertarian Party, having been elected in 2018. She was the Treasurer of the Libertarian Party of New York from 2019 to 2022.
Newell first attended a meeting of the Libertarian Party of New York on November 1, 2016 in Binghamton, in which she was appointed Temporary County Chair for the Schoharie County Libertarian Party. She organized the affiliate and was elected as its first Chair on July 28, 2018, and became the representative for the affiliate on the State Committee.
In 2019, when the Libertarian Party of New York was authorizing candidates, she notarized much of the paperwork. When Cruger Gallaudet resigned as Treasurer of the LPNY, Newell volunteer to take over, and was appointed as Treasurer by the Interim State Committee. She was elected to the State Committee in 2020 as a member representing Judicial District 3 and was also elected to Treasurer, which she served until 2022. She was also co-Chair of the Fundraising Committee alongside Gabrielle Cordova.
In 2022, she decided not to seek reelection as Treasurer. She filled a vacancy on the State Committee at the 2022 State Convention, and currently serves as a member of the State Committee as well as Chair of the Schoharie County Libertarian Party.
- Delegate (2020)
- Treasurer (June 9, 2019—September 18, 2022)
- Judicial District 3 Representative, State Committee (September 26, 2020—present)
- Chair (July 28, 2018—present)
- Temporary County Chair (November 1, 2016—July 28, 2018)
- New York Party Activists
- Party Activists from the 2010s
- Local Party Chairs
- New York Local Party Chairs
- New York State Party Treasurers
- State Party Treasurers
- New York State Party 2020 Convention Delegates
- Party Activists from the 2020s
- New York State Party District Representatives
- State Party District Representatives