Trust Fund Trustees, Goffstown NH
Budget Committee, Goffstown NH
Libertarian Party of New Hampshire
|Birth:||October 4, 1998 |
Richard Manzo is an American politician serving as the Secretary of the Trust Fund Trustees and a budget committee member in Goffstown, New Hampshire.
Manzo was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts on October 4, 1998. As a child, he lived in Andover, Massachusetts before moving to Goffstown, New Hampshire. There, he attended the Goffstown public school system. He holds a degree from Manchester Community College (New Hampshire) for business management.
In the 2020 Presidential election cycle, after becoming an early endorser, Manzo was the chief strategist of the Vermin Supreme Presidential campaign. He appeared alongside Supreme at numerous campaign events and protests in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Manzo, along with Desarae Lindsey, asked Spike Cohen to become Supreme's running mate. He was selected as a delegate to the 2020 Libertarian National Convention and as one of the state party's four Presidential electors.
After the 2020 Presidential and Vice-Presidential nominations were complete, and the Supreme campaign concluded with Cohen winning the Vice-Presidential nomination, Manzo went on to endorse Jo Jorgensen and joined the Jo Jorgensen/Spike Cohen campaign as regional director of the six New England states, advance work coordinator and social media consultant.
In 2020, Manzo began his tenure as the Libertarian Party of New Hampshire's communications director. Since then, he's been involved with LPNH's 2020 ballot access lawsuit, and has taken an aggressive stance against what he called New Hampshire Governor Christopher Sununu's "unsafe and undemocratic denial" of assistance.
Richard Manzo first ran for Selectman in Goffstown in 2018, where he received 163 votes, roughly 11% of all ballots cast. He then ran for State Representative in his district, ultimately receiving 514 votes, or 7% of ballots cast. After filling a vacancy through appointment on the Goffstown Budget Committee in November, 2018, he ran to keep his seat as an incumbent where he won, having received 1034 votes, 63% of ballots cast. He serves on the committee with Spencer Dias, who he campaigned with in that election.
In the March 10, 2020 town elections, Manzo won 1286 votes to serve as a Trust Fund Trustee in an uncontested election, and was elected as the Secretary. He additionally received 13 write-in votes for Library Trustee and won that office without having filed for election.
Manzo is running for Hillsborough County, New Hampshire Treasurer in the 2020 general election.
- Jo Jorgensen, 2020, for County Treasurer
- Spike Cohen, 2020, for County Treasurer
- Judge Jim Gray, 2020, for County Treasurer
- Councilman Zachary Dumont (L-NH), 2020, for County Treasurer
- Spencer Dias, 2020, for County Treasurer
- Rep. Brandon Phinney (L-NH), 2020, for County Treasurer
- Rep. Caleb Dyer (L-NH), 2020, for County Treasurer
- Gov. Lincoln Chafee, 2020, for County Treasurer
- Vermin Supreme, 2020, for County Treasurer
- Rep. Joe Alexander (R-NH) 2019, for Budget Committee
- New Hampshire Liberty Alliance, 2018, for State Representative
- New Hampshire Job Creation Alliance, 2018, for State Representative
- Rep. John Burt (R-NH) 2018, for Selectman, and 2019, for Budget Committee
- Vice-Chair (2019-Present)
- Communications Director (2020-present)
- Platform Committee (2019-2019)
- Executive Committee Chairman (2019-Present)
- Bylaws Committee (2019-Present)