Caldwell City Council
|view image gallery|
Rob Oates served on the Caldwell City Council from 2004 to 2009. He and his wife, Debbie, have three children. Rob is a fifth generation Idahoan, was raised in Caldwell and graduated from Caldwell High in 1974. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business Management from the University of Idaho in 1978. At graduation Rob was commissioned a Second Lieutenant in the Army and served as a tank officer and helicopter weapons test pilot and project engineer for the next ten years, leaving the service as a Major. After working in technology jobs in several cities in the East, Rob moved his family to Caldwell in 1997. He was a senior systems analyst for Sears in the Boise Technology Center for five years and has been a contract technical trainer and web application developer.
Oates has been involved in the community serving several terms as President of the Caldwell Band Boosters.
He was the Data Manager for the Idaho Women's Fitness Celebration for six years and an Elder in Caldwell's Boone Memorial Presbyterian Church.
Oates was the State Chair for the Libertarian Party of Idaho from 2006-2020.
Oates ran has the Libertarian Party Nominee for Idaho Congressional District 1 for the 2012 election. Oates took 3rd place losing to incumbent Raul Labrador with 3.9% of the vote.
- Successful downtown revitalization
- Transit solutions with no new taxes
- Freedom from unnecessary government for Caldwell's citizens
- Airport Commission
- Library Board
- Mayor's Youth Advisory Council
- State Party Chairs
- Idaho State Party Chairs
- Candidates for Town or City Council
- Idaho Candidates for Town or City Council
- Idaho Party Activists
- Candidates from the 2000s
- Idaho Libertarians Holding Public Office
- Libertarians in Office of Town or City Council
- IT Professionals
- Active Military and Veterans
- Libertarians in Public Office from the 2000s