Broome County Libertarian Party
|Broome County Libertarian Party|
|Jurisdiction:||Broome County, New York|
|Established:||August 15, 2019|
|Chartered:||August 25, 2019|
Broome County Libertarian Party is a local affiliate of the Libertarian Party of New York.
A chapter for Broome County existed in the early 1980s. In October 1980, a meeting was held at Stephens Square Tavern in Binghamton to discuss the formation of a Libertarian chapter in Broome County. Among those at the meeting were James McKeown and Edward Jowett. The chapter formed in early 1981 and by early 1984, their active membership had tripled. The fate of this chapter is unknown.
Shawna Cole served as Temporary County Chair in an attempt to revive the chapter, and held the position between 2013 and 2018. Later, Shawn Szymanski held the position of Temporary County Chair from March 2018 to December 2018.
In 2019, Christopher Olenski became the County Contact, before the Interim County Organization was formed on August 15, 2019, chaired by Ed Hickey. Hickey was chair until his resignation on May 1, 2020.
- Joseph Pauline, Chair (December 15, 2020—present)
- Brian Mercurio, Vice-Chair (December 15, 2020—present)
- Vacant, Secretary (December 15, 2020—present)
- Vacant, Treasurer (December 15, 2020—present)
- James J. McKeown (before 1984)
- David Chatara (1984)
- John M. Fields (1985)
- Shawna Cole (2013—January 7, 2018) (as Temporary County Chair)
- Shawn Szymanski (March 4, 2018—December 2, 2018) (as Temporary County Chair)
- Christopher Olenski (June 30, 2019—August 15, 2019) (as County Contact)
- Ed Hickey (August 15, 2019—May 1, 2020)
- Jennifer Kolesar (May 1, 2020—November 8, 2020)
- Brian Mercurio (November 8, 2020—December 15, 2020)
- Jennifer Kolesar (August 15, 2019—May 1, 2020)
- Vacant (May 1, 2020—June 30, 2020)
- Brian Mercurio (June 30, 2020—November 8, 2020)
- Lucas Jumper (elected August 15, 2019—December 15, 2020)
- August 15, 2019
- December 15, 2020