New York Convention 1985
|New York Convention 1985|
|Dates:||May 19, 1985|
|Location:||Middletown, New York|
The 13th Libertarian Party of New York Convention was held on Sunday, May 18—19, 1985 at Middletown, New York.
At this convention, the name "Libertarian Party of New York" was adopted as the party's name, changing it from the Free Libertarian Party.
May 18, 1985
- Jim Lewis (keynote) - "A Strategy for Reclaiming Liberty"
- "The 3rd Party Dilemma - Media View"
- Phillip Fixler - "Privatization for State and Local Candidates"
- "The 3rd Party Dilemma - Professional View"
- Doris Delaney - "The New York Power Authority: The State Bulldozer"
- Jim McClarin - "The Use of Telemarketing for Libertarians"
- Irwin Schiff - "The Great Income Tax Hoax"
May 19, 1985
- Rebecca Shipman - "Reaching Out to Feminists"
- Paul Jacob - "Draft Registration: A Personal Account - Fighting Slavery in the 20th Century"
Election of Officers
- Bill McMillen (elected)